***official 2008 post pics of your leaf rigs page****

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by resurectionlawn, Oct 21, 2008.

1. MAC LLC

MAC LLC LawnSite Member

the dump conversion works well, its no replacement for a one ton dump truck though. I would probaly buy a dump insert if i were to do it all over again but it weights a lot less than an insert and can handle light debris such as grass clipping, leaves, or 3 or 4 yrds of mulch.

ill take some pics of how the loader is mounted, but i simply welded 2 pieces of 2x2 angle iron to the trailer, drilled 4 mounting holes and bolted everything together. just took some measuring and guess & check
  2. Patatoe1

Patatoe1 LawnSite Member

For you guys running one truck with a leaf vac. How do you go about loading other debris into the truck that wont go through the loader?
  3. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

OK thanks. I have a swing mount now but I want to be able to bring my trailer to the job too.
  4. MAC LLC

MAC LLC LawnSite Member

i have wing nuts holding the tarp on the back/ tailgate of my truck. if there are large branches, or sticks i can take one or two of the wing nuts off and throw the larger debris in
  5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

just untie 2 ropes throw it in but with our fall clean ups 3 houses will end up getting additional fees because the sticks are so bad with the leaves we usally fill up the other truck twice through leaf season we pile them up on site and with a diff truck two guys go get them

I had an old ford that i put the dump conversion on the factory bed it was great for leaves but everything else was a pain and not very safe in my opinion it was a long bed so it wobbled a lot when you lifted it.
  6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

wow, thats good
    cool, thanks
  7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'd post mine, but you guys would laugh at me. My bumper almost scrapes the ground when empty. You should see it when its full.

Nice setup mac
  8. MAC LLC

MAC LLC LawnSite Member

thanks i think i saw urs going up on monday night?

did u like those two pristine properties i was cutting on parker st?
  9. ch973934

ch973934 LawnSite Member

Mac, pristine properties on Parker street? You were in E. Long on parker if that's the case! haha! Nice set-up!

10. MAC LLC

MAC LLC LawnSite Member

no in springfield, its a joke. i do two properties that my father in laws mother rents out... there a joke, i wont even park my truck near the properties and i hope no one spots me when i mow them...i get paid so i cant complain that much