1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

***official 2008 post pics of your leaf rigs page****

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by resurectionlawn, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns LawnSite Member

Thanks,
    Where are you from? We pretty much service the west side of des moines (West Des Moines, clive, urbandale, johnston, waukee, one crew goes to norwalk for a half day a week)
    What about you?

2. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

If live in wdm i only servie in wdm and urbandale area not to far from home.

3. ExecutiveLawns

Hey if you ever need guidance or help on a large job feel free to give me a call.
    John 208-7476

Also do you do holiday lights?

4. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

yeah no problem im only 17 about to turn 18 so all that im doing right now is mowing and leaf cleanups for a few customers and a couple of fertilizing yards but i hope to start providing every service within the next few years and get some large commercial accounts so i can get bigger equitment.

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Executive, thats a nice setup you got there. I think i'm the only one who cant get many leaves into my trailer. Do you suck up leaves? or once they have been shredded by a mower? Take a look at my setup. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=250869

6. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

New leaf toy and the old leaf toy.

Proscapes 005.jpg

Proscapes 011.jpg

7. ExecutiveLawns

Yea there is a 10 or 12 ft hose that come off the leaf loader on the tongue of the trailer. We can pack 20 cu yards of leaves in there. If I can offer any advice for your set up it would be to mount you loader to the front of the trailer so you dont have to take it on and off to unload. I can send just one guy to dump ours at the end of the day. Saves on labor cause Im not making it back with dump runs.

8. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any videos of that monster? I'd hate to walk by that.:)

9. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to be careful around cars . They are great for larger areas.

10. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

That won't be happening. I put in alot of hours for that setup. I'm solo, so when i go to the dump, i just pull the pin, and get my brother to take it off with me. I would imagine that i would dump once a week. I chose the back of the trailer because my streets are kinda tight, so i would rather back into a pile then pull along side a pile. Plus the tongue weight and a few other things. Overall i'm very happy with the setup, but a little disappointed with the shredding ability.