Official 2011 Rig Post

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jslawn, Jan 22, 2011.

1. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

Nice stuff guys, Ill post some pics when the snow melts!

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

same as last year:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

although im looking for a 2000-03 f3/4/550 crew cab 7.3L dump to be the mowing truck from now on.

3. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Wow that is a long setup, I wouldn't be able to park anywhere in the neighborhoods I cut in. I do pretty much all residential cutting. It looks nice though.

4. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Not much different from last year. Still small and efficient.

P1010054.jpg

5. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

What kind of trailer is that also does it have an extended tongue or is that normal? Trailer looks great

6. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice trucks. You get enough snow in Tulsa to plow? Wish we had a snow season here in DFW Texas area.

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

Thanls for the compliments, The trailer is a stealth brand custom built to our specs. 8.5x24 with ext. Tongue 10k gvw with torsion axles
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. grass guys

grass guys LawnSite Member

My main truck hasn't changed much from last year... Although I have added a Dodge to the business waitin to put a flat bed stake body on it...

DSCN1659.jpg

0902101108.jpg

9. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

How many feet long is the bed on the chevy, minus the dovetail. Did you just add the dove tail and drop gate or was it originally that way? I like it. How does it workout for you? Is it a little cheaper and easier then pulling a trailer. It looks like it would be to tall to get into my garage maybe though.

10. grass guys

grass guys LawnSite Member

Thanks yeah I love it, it was one of the best investments... There is still a few things I would like to do to it, hoping to get around to those this year. Its one of a kind I tella ya... Nah it wasn't like that when I bought it here is what it looked like when I bought it.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=300586

It was just a 11ft stake body construction truck when I saw it for sale. As it sits now without the dovetail it has a 12ft flat bed when they added the dovetail I had them weld a foot on to the existing bed. From front of the truck to back with the dovetail it is 28ft long with the gate up with it down its 32ft long. As far as the cost yeah it is a little cheaper than you all that use trailers... As far as pullin a trailer yeah its a whole lot easier I can get in areas that some trailers can't. Before I bought it I used a trailer for a while there good don't get me wrong but havin this truck to me is way better. As far as the height it is tall with the toolboxes on the racks it won't fit under most drivethru's and or garages I have a 13ft door on my pole barn and it fits perfect in there. That other thread shows pretty much what I have done to it. Thanks again buddy