Official Fall Clean Up Thread 2013

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Blades Lawn Maintenance, Nov 22, 2013.

1. TheLugNutZ

TheLugNutZ LawnSite Senior Member

Just using the bagger on the mower
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Or mulched. The leaf plow pic is like the kinds of piles we sometimes clean up and remove. Every post I see about "just mulch them" cracks me up when there's piles like that, especially when they're cold/icy/wet, or all 3 at once.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. TheLugNutZ

TheLugNutZ LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I like the leaf plow idea, I think I may look into one for the front of my WB.

Seems like lots are home-made. Anyone make prefab ones?

Now i know mulching doesnt work too good when they are deep, but how about a mower with a good power bagging system? Those should work pretty damn good right? Just have to dump the bagger a lot I would think...

4. echo

Dont know of anybody but jrco that makes them. They're aluminum so they're fairly light.

Bagging works great but very time consuming. An acre of deep wet leaves will take a very long time to bag. Mulching deep wet leaves makes a mess, is near impossible to make disappear, time consuming, and running back and forth over a wet yard makes a real mess of a yard. Mulching them is great when its possible but when theyre deep, wet/icy you gotta move them with a blower or plow and load them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  5. echo

I should also have said, if you have a large bagging system, they are extremely helpful, but with the amount of leaves like in the plow pic, its still time consuming to bag them.

A wheeled blower or the stand-ons that have been shown, can make huge piles very quickly and be plowed very quickly
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Now we want to see what you do with them and how you haul them away. Come on we need an ending.

7. echo

We plow them to the back of the property if the customer chooses or plow them to the leaf loader, suck them up and off to the dump unless somebody in the area wants them for fill.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suck them up then dump for the city to pick up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. echo

"Just mulch them". Lolol.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the only way to do it! LOL
    Posted via Mobile Device