1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Official Initiation

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Jun 9, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

About six weeks ago the partner I'd worked with for eight years finally had his back problems flare up too much. They put him on a mower with an easy ride seat to see if that would help him out. My new partner is a steam shovel of a worker named Leo who was always our #2 guy when we were installing larger projects.

Leo is a fine worker who is trying to do his best and this means rushing on some occasions. I have to keep reminding him that once he learns all the "tricks of the trade" he'll feel a little more comfortable, can slow down a little and get just as much accomplished. I kept reminding him that the lid on his Toro 570 nozzle box has to be closed and latched prior to picking the box up or he'd be initiated into the "Oh, Futz Club." :laugh:

Today he got ahead of himself. It took two of us an hour working together to get all the nozzles back in their right places.

Leo's Nozzle Box IV-01.jpg
  2. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

At least it was on clean concrete!

3. PurpHaze

LOL... What the picture doesn't show is that I helped him scour the grass area for nozzles and filters. :)
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Been there! :dizzy:
  5. PurpHaze

Me too... ONCE. At least we purged a lot of junk out of his nozzle box. :drinkup:
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

It's amazing what all ends up in there that doesn't belong.

7. Ahhh government work...gotta love it, us self employeds would have put the all back in the box, in the wrong places, and continued our day...then re-organized the box during non-light hours....you know 10pm - 3am....so we wouldn't miss any billable hours.
  8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, your taxes are paying for it, so enjoy. I'm still waiting for my government grant to see how many valves can be stuffed into a standard rectangular box :p
  9. PurpHaze

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. :p
  10. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

First glance at that picture and I thought that your #2 guy was actively involved in a game of marbles. Notice that he’s crumpled over with a handicapped parking sign just above him, heh heh.