1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Offsite job bidding from aerial map?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by magneto259, Dec 15, 2011.

1. arninglawns

arninglawns LawnSite Member

We just use the local county appraisal district sites. I figure most homes are between 1700 and 2500 square feet for the first floor, so it doesn't make much sense to go to any more trouble than looking up the total lot size. I have used google earth to measure fences, though.
  2. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

yes, we do. Infact, we only visit job sites when a lead/client really pushes for it. We have two licenses to www.goilawn.com - one unlimited and one pay per transaction with a large number of prepaid searches. I keep two guys busy just measuring anything from a $35 lawn application to 6 figure maintenance accounts. I suppose there may be some margin of error in the measuring but our production rates are not concrete either so I figure it all comes out in the wash.
  3. t608

t608 LawnSite Member
    from RI

Can't you do this with service autopilot too?
  4. arninglawns

arninglawns LawnSite Member

I checked that out today. I will definitely start using it to bid sod and mulch jobs. Thanks for sharing, efficiency and willretire. I'm trying to get my company to the point of running itself, and that's going to be a big step in the right direction.
  5. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

I use google earth. The measuring tool is almost dead on accurate. I tried it vs. using the wheel and I havent used a wheel in years now