1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Offtopic forum splitting

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Dirty Water, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Great idea :)

I'm sure this will make a lot of people happy.

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I'm guessing it might make a few unhappy too but I think it makes sense and it was time...
  3. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I just saw this & I'm curious, Sean.........does this mean that if a thread is going for a couple of pages, or even a half dozen pages or more and somebody asks for prayers for _______ (fill in the blank reason e.g. illness, tragedy, falling on hard times, etc.) that the thread will then be relocated? Or, does it mean that members aren't supposed to ask/offer that kind of support (religious/spiritual - as it's been labeled), spontaneously during the course of normal conversation be it in the off topic or main forum?

I understand threads like Jon Holland's titled "top 10 signs you're a Christian" are going to be there......as well as bobby's "is God fair" thread. But what about talk like what I'm describing? Just want to make sure I've got the rules straight.
  4. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

nah, no one will be burned at the stake or anything like that for the offering of prayers or the mere mention of a diety....the threads you made mention of that are specifically about religious/spiritual issues will be the ones that belong in the new forum - same with politics
  5. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for clarifying, Sean......... ;-)

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, this was a good call Sean. I was going to make the suggestion, I guess you guys felt the same way. I know everyone says "just don't read those threads", but really, I was getting sick of just seeing them listed everytime I went in the Offtopic forum.
  7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i personally think its too divided and organized. but i do have a short attention span.. i like things right there. i feel like i'm on a tresure hunt trying to find threads..:)
    i do understand the reasoning though.
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I agree that it's a good decision! I use the "new post's" button 95% of the time so it won't effect my end much but I don't care to read the political or religious posts personally. I will read the religious ones sometimes just to see what kind of **** is getting stirred up, good for a laugh!