1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Oh boy manifold pic

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Remote Pigtails, May 10, 2007.

1. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

I have to be careful what I say about manifolds because they seem to be the MO in many places. In DFW manifolds mean lousy system. When I run into a manifold set up I know it was done by a homeowner or an inexperienced irrigator. In this case we had a break on a zone 8' from that bradford pear on the zone that did front rotors. As we tracked the gusher it kept getting closer to the tree. So we tracked the valve down and discovered the manifold box. So basically the installer ran 1" mainline 100 feet from the meter to the side of the house. Set the manifold up and then ran the pipe back under the tree to the front yard for the front zone. Wasted piping and could have installed the valve in the zone midpoint which we ended up doing to bypass the break.

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Yummy... Looks like a Beckson pump, good probe and I can't figure out what's going on across the street. :)

Lose the wood handled trenching shovel. I see those and I think of day laborers. (Get a good fiberglass handled one with a sharp point that will punch through PVC pipe.) :laugh:

The next "deadliest digital camera taking sin" to getting boots in the picture is not moving the camera case out of the shot. :nono:

Critique over (as Peter starts calculating a newer higher price on Eicon remote pigtails). :laugh:
  3. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

That is a nieghbor edging with a weedeater. Henry prefers the feel of wood to fiberglass. I KNEW you'd comment on the camera case. Price stays the same.
  4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

LOL... I have an old wood handled trenching shovel at home that is still performing quite well. :)