Oh Cindy Crawford

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rross, Nov 12, 2002.

1. rross

rross LawnSite Member

Just getting GReen Pastures Attention...

Is everyones season over,,,Mine ended today,,,YES a 4 month vacation...
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

over? Not likely. the oak trees are just finally beginning to drop the leaves. Im about 3 weeks behind, and will be doing leaves right up till christmas. Not to mention it keeps raining every other day.
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

still going strong here, will work till snowed out. Hope its soon, ready for a break.
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Full day for us ... mowing grass from 6-3 .... could really feel it too ...mid 80's ;->
  5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Over? No, not by far, actually were just getting started. The oaks are just now falling heavy. Leaf season here usually ends just right before or right at Christmas time. Only get about 2 months off here.
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I still need to get one more "cut" in on everyone. Then start full leaf cleanups. Mid December here if weather permits.

With this rain were getting and the mild temps, the grass is still growing.

How can a more southern area be "done" already? Grass hasn't gone dormant yet.
  7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Just did my first (of many) cleanups today. More rain in the forcast...where was this weather 4 months ago.
  8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Well you got my attention. Partly cuz of the thread title but mostly because when I logged on and hit the see new posts button, your post was at the top of the list.

Your seasons OVER??? I lived in Falls Church, Mclean and Manassas from 1979 till like 1998, you have got to be able to do more work this year. The grass is still growing, and the leaves are still coming down. What's up with that?

I get January and February off and that's it.
  9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Every body is long done in this area, ground freezes every night. Snow is still on the ground from a week ago.

Last year I had a guy leave a message in Dec. when it was below 0, had been actually for several days, saying that he thinks he needs his sprinkler blown out, would I be able to get it for him.

ROFLMAO, I never bothered calling him back.
  10. rross

rross LawnSite Member

That cool, I live in Manassas. Well, yea I know I meant mostly mowing anyway, fall cleanups will never be finished