Oh don't you like it when your familly thinks you are a failure

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gravel Rat, Jan 9, 2010.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

My manager told me I would be, quote, "stupid" to think of starting my own business. He's eating is words now.

2. albhb3

albhb3 LawnSite Senior Member

Ha you think your family is screwed up

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

ROTFLMAO

What is next with you?

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I think my mother just doesn't get it. I do have job stress lots of the others that I work with suffer from the same. If I can do work on the side it will take my mind off of the other crap I have to deal with at my regular job.

I'am a person that likes doing things with my hands I like to see what I have done. When you do a clean up job and get a persons yard cleaned up and it looks good that makes a :)

Currently sitting behind a desk is boring getting tired of it but I need to stick with the job for now and do what I want part time.

5. albhb3

albhb3 LawnSite Senior Member

I will try to never sit behind a desk, life is to short personally not to be outside. I couldnt stand working indoors at home depot for a year. Parents just dont get it lets face it you were suppost to go to some high end private college of some sorts... not as your second statement is.

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

You have no stress.
    You live with your parents.
    You have nothing to lose.
    You lose your job do you lose your house?

7. Gravel Rat

I don't have the stress what my brother has with money. His work is very slow and he has lots of payments.

I have job stress from work it effects your body and what goes on in your head.

8. Gravel Rat

I don't have the stress what my brother has with money. His work is very slow and he has lots of payments.

I have job stress from work it effects your body and what goes on in your head.

9. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I would second that. I have learned a lot of things about life from my Grandpa just being around him everyday working. Sometimes things he tells me don't make sense at first but as I mature I understand what he was saying.

You just have to listen to people who have been around the block and keep working hard in what ever you are doing.

10. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

ding, ding. Another winner. Hey Rat, you dont have stress yet. Your a mooch.