Oh fun now diesel is 5.65 a gallon

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gravel Rat, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The stupid B.C. gov't slapped on a carbon tax to fuel now its up to 5.65 a gallon for diesel. Thats a good way of making fuel stealing happen even more. The bulk fuel station has a barbed wire fence and has a night watch person now.

It looks like things are going to slow down even more people can't afford to do anything.

Shows you how smart the gov't is adding a " So called revenue neutral" tax to fuel pushing it even higher. The same tax is added to marked fuel too so now marked fuel is just as expensive.

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Nice information........you are just one lucky guy not working with any equipment and living at home with your folks with a government job.

3. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

What's the price of a gallon of :canadaflag:beer or a gallon of whisky:confused:

4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

You know, taxes are what cause economies to slow down. The russians have gotten the message and lowered taxes on their oil companies to help stimulate exploration and building of infrastructure.
    It would be wise if the western governments stopped trying to be like failed EU countries that tax their productivity right down the drain.

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

so your sayin that offroad diesel is now just as expensive?

that is so stupid.... what is the purpose of having it if it is just as expensive?

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Great timing on their part. The high cost of fuel is killing economys all over the world, so why not tax it even higher.:dizzy:

7. Gravel Rat

The B.C. economy bus has a flat tire as it is with the work slowing down and now stupid Gordon Campbell the huge moron decides lets slap more tax on already high fuel costs.

I went to fill up my truck yesterday and 100 dollars fills the tank half full :dizzy:

Anybody from B.C. that lives near the USA boarder will be heading south to buy fuel because its far far cheaper.

The trucking rates will be going up again I can see tandem axle dump rate at 145-150 per hour it is already at 100. A 16 ton hoe rate will be around 150-160 per hour.

I bought some lumber the other day for side boards for my truck it was expensive. I bought 2 12 foot 2x10 fir and 2 10 foot 2x4s and 1 8 foot 2x6 it was over 86 dollars. No wonder it costs 300 dollars a square foot now to build a house.

B.C. also relys on tourism and with high fuel prices how in the ***** is a familly supposed to load up the P/U truck with a camper and head out camping. I'am seeing very few motorhomes this year only German tourists.

You have a 3/4 ton or 1 ton dually put a 10-11 foot camper on it or pull a RV trailer behind it your looking at a good chunk of money in fuel. It is unaffordable now to even put a small boat with a outboard in the water to go fishing it. A 25 litre tank of gas is going to cost you 36 dollars that lasts at most 30 mins if you have a 40-50 hp outboard.

It is amazing how stupid the gov't is I guess they want to kill the economy for good. It is already slowing down the high cost of fuel is going to make it worse.

The carbon tax is added to all fuels so now it is costing more to heat your house.

So all you Americans complaining about high fuel costs come to Canada I bet your not paying over 5 dollars a gallon for diesel fuel.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Currently we are 4.69 a gallon, Mt and ND are 4.45 to 4.55. I have heard of over 5 dollar diesel in Wa and Ca.

9. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeap I predict it to hit $8 a gallon with 93 octane to be around $7 within the next year and a half.

10. Gravel Rat

The cost of fuel is getting out of hand and this new carbon tax the B.C. gov't put on our fuel is just a unnessary cost.

The high fuel costs is going to hurt the construction industry because people can't afford to pay the rates.

Even the landscaping business are going to hurt from the high costs of fuel.