1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Oh Happy Days

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dekalb lawn man, Nov 17, 2006.

1. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

I am estatic right now I put in a bid for the maintanence next year at Lowes and walked out with a contract in my hand today. This is my first year in bussiness and did not expect to get it. I know that I bid low but the fact that lowes is on a main street in town and I will be able to put a sign out on their property facing the main street will hopfully bring in alot of calls.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Very cool,
    I have a question, where did they put the Lowes. Been years since i've been there.
  3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Congratulations are in order - :clapping:!

What exactly does the job entail? Lets hear some details -

How are you set for equipment? - I find I need back-up's of back-up equipment - :dizzy:! Eh - maybe that cuz I got employees - how 'bout you?
  4. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

May seem great now but you won't be able to manage business like that for very long because it will cost you more to keep it going that what you might be making from doing the work. Its not about having the most clients and lawns... Its about being profitable and professional.
    Hope it all works out well for you.
  5. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

congrats i suppose

My Dad lost his contract to a low bidder the beggining of this year. It really sucked, but good luck. Lowes goes from one low bidder to the next.....

But I guess thats just how the ball bounces
  6. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

dont worry about all of the haters...congrats and good luck...do what you gotta do
  7. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

awe, im not trying to sound like a hater. Im not like that.

But at the same i think you can see where im coming from as well.

Oh well, its just business

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Great Job, Good Luck!:clapping:
  9. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

i just hope its not to lowes ........get it .............anyway do a great job and get that sign out the front and see how you go
  10. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Not to sound like sour grapes but didn't even think of taking on properties that size for the first couple of years I was in business. I hope you didn't go too low and in August your wondering where the hell all your hard earned money is. Are you a one man show or do you have help, because the 2 Lowe's around here are fairly large in size (turf area's ten's of little islands etc.)