Oh!! I meant to call

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman_scott, Jul 25, 2004.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Ever get a call for an estimate and show up to do it and they say "Oh i meant to call you, we found someone already"? I hate that, what a waste of time dealing with idiots that cant even pick up the phone. Had one today.

2. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Everytime you get one of those, be thankful you found out how inconsiderate they are BEFORE you actually started to work for them.

I've even been tempted a couple of times to send a Thank You card to tell the non-customer that very thing.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

That happens a lot to me in the spring, when people call 5 or 6 LCOs for estimates. I've only ever had 2 or 3 people call back to cancel the estimate.

I'd still do the estimate, however. They might not like whoever they hired.

4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

People are just plain disrespectful and inconsiderate, and yet some people on here think I'm mean for not giving clients free extras, my biggest waste of money is time wasters, they suck the generosity bucket dry... a simple phone call, how hard is that?

dealing with people is definetly the hardest part of this business, not the heat and sweat. imo.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Well I just got into my truck and told my employee that I cant stand rednecks that are too stupid to pick up a phone and call. And I said it load enough for the redneck to hear. I didnt want the lawn anyway, but it still wasted my time.

6. jokatico

jokatico LawnSite Member
    from maine

I just hate it when you give an estimate to someone and they say I'll let you know in a couple days. I feel like telling them to stop lying to me and tell me the truth " you are too cheap to pay and will keep looking for someone to do the work for almost nothing".

7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy, did you nail that one right....

8. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Might want to try calling before you go....works for me

9. POBOY

POBOY LawnSite Member

lawnman_scott
    I see you can spell redneck now let's see if you can you can use SPELL CHECK ?? You like to talk about people but it makes you look like an AZZ if you cant spell............

10. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member