1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Oh my Back!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by landscapingpoolguy, Sep 15, 2004.

1. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

well I jsut finally got to the doctor today. He calls it a lower lumbar sprain, and now has me going for MRI's plus gave me pain killers. Says definatly no work for meor I could tear the muscles and put myself in a wheelchair. Well see what these MRI's say next week :dizzy:

2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same problem,but i'm still working everyday take Motrin some Bengay pads and keep on going.Beats sitting at home listening to the wife complain...
  3. landscapingpoolguy

wish i could too many obstacles against me tho,besides i have already been scouted by one of the big guys out there, and they are national so you might know who i mean, and have a second option which i will have a descion about on friday, either way im more concerned about my health for teh future and a better quality of life if ya know what I mean.

4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, hate to hear of your back problem. Did it happen all of a sudden or did you injure it over time?
  5. landscapingpoolguy

Never had a good back but I spent the entire winter this year in the gym strengthening and toning everything. lost 40 lbs and was in the best shape of my life....I had a five man crew too,then one day lifting a keystone 8"cap POP and that was that.....I have been stressing it out more and more and now im just done..pain meds arent helping either...I just recieved an email from another company from the swimming pool industry that I usta be a part of, that is interested in a nicey nice high profile sale rep position too. So basically, all in all I think I be OK. Just need to get working again. I may just GC Landscape work out to some local guys that are interested and quailfied just to keep my foot in the door. Well c.

6. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Chuck I did the same thing last year laying Dublin Cobble pavers of all things. Something just happened like you say POP and the next thing I knew I couldn't even walk...the worst pain of my life. Doc said it was a lower lumbar strain and I had to go through 3 months of physical therapy.....bad part is it still bothers me to this day. Winter is the worst...I typically plow in a Cat 924 loader with a nice air suspension seat and that doesn't bother me but when I'm driving a plow truck or sand truck for a long period of time it kills me.
    Stretching helps the most for me on a daily basis
    Good Luck