Oh my god, I killed a creature of god!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by gusbuster, Jul 31, 2007.

1. This morning, I started a lawn renovation where I was going to install a new sprinkler system, de-thatch and overseed the area.

While in the process of trenching a lateral section, was having to stop and pull out roots that were getting tangled in augur part of the trencher.

Well, wasn't really paying attention to what I was grabbing, but my hand felt a gushy warm feeling.

Looked down at what I was pulling on and there behold was the remains of a pocket gopher...big sucker too. I still can't believe the chain caught the gopher. Usually, when working in one spot, they'll pop up in another area, but I guess the shark chain was hungry enough and got one from behind. (I use a ground hog)

Unfortunately, the pictures that I took with my camera phone were to blurry and you really can't see anything other than a black blur.

Now I've run through pet graves before but never have had anything like this happen before. Moral of the story is make sure you're wearing gloves.

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Never do this :laugh: :
    Ugh.

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

::backs out of thread::

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

6. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Bill Murray would be so proud!

7. Funny you say that, the caddy shacks are running on the pay channels.

8. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I cant think of anything but Caddyshack, when I think of a greenskeeper having a run in with a gopher.

9. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Or dusting off your bookshelves with a blower. LOL :laugh:

10. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't think I'd want to see THAT gopher dance...