1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Oh no... here it comes

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Apr 6, 2007.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Had 'puter off all day Yesterday and mowed like a demon all of Saturday in expectation of all the rain, but we are showing almost 7" of RAIN in the last 24 hours. 90+% of more thunder and rain today and tonight. Not only can I not do anything, I'm going to spend the next couple of days getting chewed out for having a closed sign up! And when I finally take that down for the "no carts", I'm going to be even more popular. Well, atleast I don't NEED my irrigation system right now.:cry: :cry: :cry:

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

It isn't MY moisture... it's Mother Nature's moisture. I only noticed that you guys would get hit a couple of days after a system blows over us here in central CA. Call me an "early warning system" if you'd like. Last couple of days have been beautiful mid 70s so looks like you'll be OK soon. Get the picnic baskets and lawn blankets ready for some "spring fever" type of weather. :)

3. 1 foot here.....almost melted now though...but it hurt my week again...

4. PurpHaze

OK guys... I think spring has sprung and it's on its way to summer. We went into the low 90s today and it's supposed to stay that way for quite some time. We officially change to a 5:30 am starting time beginning in the morning which means one less hour in the heat.

5. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

1 foot of almost melted snow may have you working before I can!

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Captains log: May 23, 2007, 5:53 PM. More of this white stuff these people call snow. Not sure how they deal with it. Especially the cool sprinkler guys.

7. PurpHaze

Biatch, biatch, biatch... live in the mountains expect unpredictable weather. We've been around 88 all week but I'm sure it'll be going up to 3D soon. :)

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

To be honest, I LOVE IT!!!! #1, I love the snow. #2, it has kept our phones at a steady pace. Instead of 50-60 calls a day, it is more like 20-30 on the high end days. And people are willing to wait the 7-14 days we are booked out. More like 7-10, but non-essential repairs are getting put on the back burner. Just makes it tough to work in. I don't mind getting wet, and I don't mind being cold, but I can't stand being wet AND cold.