OH NO ITS >>>HARTZOG <<<GOING AT IT AGAIN

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, Jul 24, 2000.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

What do you think of my NEW advtisement.<p>“Our quality creates demand”<br>Eufaula’s Finest Lawn Service<p>Eufaula, Al 36027<br>334-616-7380<br>Do you’re lawn a favor,<br>On July 27, 2000 Thursday; <br>I will be fertilizing area stores I would like to put your business on my list.<br>I’ll be spreading 16-4-8 Prices starting at $31.80 first 1 to 5000 sq foot<br>$2.36 additional 1000 sqfoot. Regular prices start at 36.80 that is a $5.00 savings.<br>My Guarantee: Ant time should you develop a problem, I will return within 24 hrs and retreat and/or correct the problem at no extra charge.<p><p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: David Hartzog<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: David Hartzog

2. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

David,<br>Here are my suggestions.<p>1. I think you are giving the customer too much information. It may confuse them. Most won't know the diference between one fertilizer or another. &quot;I will be applying premium slow release fertilizer to help your lawnstay healthy and green through the hot summer months&quot;<br>2. DON&quot;T mention developing problems...this will lead the potential customer to think you have alot of experience with this. You should never be negative in the ad. Simply &quot;All work guaranteed&quot; should suffice.<br>3. I would move the company name above the slogan...it gets mixed in and lost now.<br>4. Perhaps rephrasing things like &quot;Do your lawn a favor&quot;..sounds like shootin the s*** at the local pub.<p>Sorry. Don't mean to be harsh...but if you ask for critique, you must expect that personal flavor will differ from yours. Hope some of this helps you with ideas.<p>jeff<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: jeffyr

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

looks like a lot of good effort went into this ad.<p>I agree with Jeff that there is no need to be so specific with the fertilizer numbers. anyone could read the ad and think they know your secret recipe and buy and apply their own.<p>personally, however, if I knew that you would spread and additional 1000 feet of fert for $2.36, there is no way in hell that I would pay you $31.80 for spreading the first 1000 feet if that was all I needed. no flames here, just the numbers don't sound like a good deal for the customer. knowwhutImeanvern?<p>in the line:&quot;Do you’re lawn a favor,&quot;, change &quot;you're&quot; to &quot;your&quot;.<p>good luck and keep us informed of your results.<p>GEO<p>as I re-read your post you question who, if any here, are LDS/Mormon. I see no one is responding to this question and you might want to repost.<p>GEO<p><font size="1">Edited by: geogunn

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

What if you can't correct the problem? Why should a problem arise out of you putting fertilizer down? What if 6 months down the road all their grass dies and they blame it on you? Man I wouldn't guarantee anything for 31$ worth of work.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Charles

5. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Good points Geo and Charles.<p>jeff

6. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I made the mistake when I first started fertilizing of giving the customer too much information. Like the post said earlier, it confuses customers, most don't know what those numbers mean anyway.<p>(I've even verbally told some customers 2 or 4 number analysis just too see if they know what they're talking about or just asking for askings' sake!)<p>Then I met a guy who make $150,000/ year fertilizing and he had/has the SIMPLEST contacts/advertisements. I couldn't believe it. Almost no detailed service discriptions, no guarentees listed, just good service. (1400 accounts)<p>Your pricing structure is good.<p>Dump the following:<p>1.) Fertilizer analysis<p>2.) Your Guarantee, which I know you cannot fulfill, YOU know you cannot fulfill, the customer will know it cannot be fulfilled as well.<p>3.) Your APARTMENT NUMBER? Hello? Put it on your BILL if you must to get your mail there, but not on your advertisement.<p>

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You might want to take a good long look at your punctuation as well. Remember Professionalism! :)

8. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

1. Change you're to your. It is your lawn, not you are lawn.<br>2. Simply state &quot;prices starting at $29.95&quot;<br>3. Watch your guarantee, you sprayed my weeds yesterday, and they are not dying, re-spray now. Also, many pesticides state a maximum number of applications per year, you can't re-treat if you are over the limit.<br>4. Change ant to any.