1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Oh no! Something besides pavers and flagstone.....

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tthomass, Feb 23, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Here is a quick picture of a job we finished in DC today. Nice to have a customer that breaks from the norm. Flagstone steppers are solid........6"x12"x6' & 4' and really make the "point". I don't have a good picture of the stone placement in the soil.......mix between boulders, a wall, natural etc......overall the job turned out awsome and awaiting spring for plants. The fence I did not build, its Cedar. Once completed hopefully have a shot at getting published.

2. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sorry but I don't see a whole lot of excitement in that picture. Looks like a pretty run of the mill home owner type install. What would that be published in???? JMO
  3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe the pic is just bad?
  4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

The pic is bad and the design is not something from a homeowner. Published for design and elements......pulling things together.

The design itself is not mine as I work with a designer on this particular job as the installer and 2nd opinion. His designs are very different from most and outside of the box.

It's enjoyable to work with something different sometimes.
  5. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well thats what designers are trained, and learn to do.. If you get a designer who does a cookie cutter design like any landscaper would... something isnt right