1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

oh well

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by themowingguy, Apr 18, 2004.

1. themowingguy

themowingguy LawnSite Member

been mowing this yard for over two years.well the lady gets married last fall ,new husband calls me to go over yard with me this year.i could tell he was going to be a pita.so anyway we agree on price and cut schedule.anyways i had to work at my regular job one so called and explained situation to him and wife they said no problem i told them i would be out about 2 days behind schedule-they again said no problem.well he calls me that night and said he mowed himself,i said fine will check back next mowing,next day i see him at lowes looking at a husquavarna
    lawn mower,and ask him if he needs help loading (jab intended)
    he said he was fixing to call and tell me i was not needed anymore.i said good luck!hope his husquvarna and 69.99
    weedeater make it fine...
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Im sure he will get along just fine.Most people mow their own lawns with light duty stuff.
  3. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm sure he'll get along fine too. 'Homeowner' equipment is all you need if you're only doing your own average size yard. I've mowed my own lawn for the last 8+ years with a Murray 20" push mulcher with a Tecumseh engine that starts on the first or second pull every time, a Homelite gas string trimmer, and a Black & Decker electric blower. This is my first year with commercial equipment and multiple accounts.

That's not a jab at you mowingguy, because it's always a bummer to lose a paying customer. Just let's not get too big headed about what we do. It's a great biz to be in, that you can be your own boss and make excellent money if you do things right, but let's face it, all we're doing is mowing grass.