1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Oh woe is me, Walker is jealous!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, May 25, 2005.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Earlier this year I got a great deal on a Toro 62" Z-master and find that it really saves me time and energy on wide opens as well as some of the smaller places. I have been able to do my lawns alone in the same time it takes me and my wife with her on a 44"WB and me on the 52 Walker.

I mowed just as I have done for the last 5 years (its a 2000 Walker) and then switched to the Toro for some wide out mowing. When I got done I returned and was going to fuel the Walker since it had cooled and I was ready to trailer both machines. As I picked the hopper up I noticed the whole back end of the machine shake. To my surprise I found not 1, not 2 but 3 welded areas of the machine were cracked completely off. This machine has never been abused, dropped, rolled or anything that would lead me to figure why it happened.
    So I am at a loss. My mechanis at the dealer has never seen this type of break on a Walker but he said that he could weld it back with relatively little problem. I am just glad it didn't fail while I was mowing. There were only 2 welds holding the back half together.

25may05 001.jpg
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Both of these welds on each side of the tail wheel were broken also.

All I can say is that the Walker is jealous of the Toro. I think its a sibling rivalry thing but they must know I love them both. :D

25may05 012.jpg
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

First pic does not look like the weld broke, rather the steel. This would not be Walker's fault, not directly anyway. Second pic I couldn't see exactly what the problem was. Looks like the shaft housing for the tail wheel and the right side has some small dents in it, not sure.
  4. blkberry

blkberry LawnSite Member

The rear whell breaks are probably from running off curbs at too high of a speed. You should check to see if the rear fork is bent also.
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

WRONG! Never happened.
  6. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

MOW ED, It seems lik you are an angry person! "WRONG! Never happened." and "Walker is jealous." Waker is a great company and a gret mower. I think you should, first of all got to anger management. Second...just pull your head out of your a**. If you did that for long enought you might see that Walker mowers kick Toro's butt!
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Really? What Toro machine(s) have you owned?
  8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Hey I am getting read by a sixteen year old that barely can spell. Hey partner go back thru some of my 3500 posts and then come back and apologize for being an idiot.
    I can give you a little break for being new to this board and trying to also figure out what to do with your life but take a step back before you poke your finger in someones chest as it may come back to haunt you.

Thats all I have to say about that now get to reading and learn something, then come back and say that you typed before you thought and it won't happen again.
  9. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

i both walker and toro,they are both good machines, but both have thier place, i personally like the walker, but on good wide open cutting of course the toro is faster, but for most of my yards under 40000 sq ft, my walker works best for me
  10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

But he has 6 years experience, been going since he was 10 I figure. It just reminds me of a thread where people were saying a guy should fire his employees who broke something because it was "obviously" damaged from abuse. Sometimes it may look that way, but looks can be deceiving.