1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ohhh my fingers!! Any suggestions??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wilam, May 27, 2004.

1. wilam

wilam LawnSite Member

Just wondering if any had any suggestions. I am running a Gravely belt WB for a few yards that my ZTR won't fit through gates etc. Now that I have hit 50 I seem to be feeling it in my fingers at the end of the day. (bruises on the inside of my fingers!!) Any suggestions on how to either pad the control bars under the hand grips or something along these lines to help my fingers out?? Sure wish I would have popped for hydro! Oh well, too late for that now and I won't be able to replace for another season or two. Thanks for any ideas! I would wave, but my fingers are too sore!!

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You may want to look into some padded gloves. Another idea would be go to a softer tension spring for the drive idler control.
  3. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

I would try mechanics gloves...Chuck
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I wear my craftsman mechanics gloves and I love them. Another thing is to not grip the controls, but just kind of rest your hands there
  5. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Try peeing on them. That's what baseball players do.
  6. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

note to self: NEVER shake hands with a ball player

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Do baseball players have sore hands or just bad aim?
  8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Are you getting blisters or is it a muscular pain? I realized after some pain that I could lean on the bars a little here and there for some minor corrections instead of constantly fingering the controls.
  9. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

10. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with the guys, use a nice set of gloves.