OHIO Guys....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnBoy09, Nov 7, 2005.

1. LawnBoy09

LawnBoy09 LawnSite Member
    from NW OHIO

How much do you make a year. I plan in the future to go full time, Mowing, Landscaping, Tree Trimming Removal, And Plowing but I'm wondering would this be a good career straight out of high school. Thanks

2. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

It's your own business, sky is the limit.

You will probably get a wide range of answers here from part time to full time and solo ops to large companies.

Probably anywhere from 10-20,000 on the side and hundreds of thousands for those large operations.

You can make it whatever you want.

Where are you in NW ohio?

3. LawnBoy09

LawnBoy09 LawnSite Member
    from NW OHIO

I'm from Wapakoneta, near Lima if you know where that is, where exactly are you at???

4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

their are 5 million dollar company in my neighborhood my buddy worked for one of the biggest ones and was cutting 300,000. a year him self. They had 6 more cutting cruse 4 landscaping 2 irrigation and 2 fert 15 plow trucks. This guy started with a 36 scag in the back of his truck.
    He runs all walkers now

5. The landscaper

i go to school in bowling green

6. cash_money

cash_money LawnSite Member
    from usa

Shawnee High School I Go. Hey Buddy Hope To See Ya Around

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

go to college, and work landscape on the side till you graduate and get older.... go to school man, its really the best thing a young person can do for themselves....

8. The landscaper

I agree with Dave, you will miss out on so much by not going to school. Its the best years of your life.