Ohio Guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The landscaper, Feb 14, 2006.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Are you guys getting those flyers out yet or waiting another week or two?
  2. jims5964

jims5964 LawnSite Member

I'm waiting until the beginning to the middle of march to pass out my fliers.
    I passed out 300 just for fun in January because it was such nice weather. I didn't get any calls on them but they might start calling on them when spring is a little closer.
  3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Snow on the ground here still. No flyers going out until mid march depending on the weather.

I'm going to start putting door hangers out throughout march as long as its warm and "spring like"
  4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll start putting flyers out the last week in Febuary and i won't stop passing them till im booked
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Still to early in my opinion...wait until mid-late March.
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

last week of march for me, depending on the weather,
  7. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am debating on the same thing I am planning on getting 5,000 door hangers out this year. I am going to be running my ads in the papers around here from march 1st-end of april. In three different papers. I am going to try to get around 80 or so new customers. That is my goal.
  8. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

supposed to be cold after tomorrow, i'm waiting for middle to end of march

We went out bidding all day today... You wouldn't believe the people that said " we already have someone signed for the year " ???? I was like... it's only Feb 15th??? and signed already? Alot of LCO here snowplow and mow, like myself, but incorp. that into a bid for everything. So I can see when they say, already have someone, meaning they signed when they agreeded on the snowplowing in October. Ohwell.....
  10. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

My last billing cycle of each fall includes a contract for the following season. I offer a free cut if the contract is returned by the due date for that bill. I recieved over 80% of the contracts back. The majority of the others use online bill payment and will probably sign up.