1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Health Ins.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dwthomas, Aug 3, 2005.

1. dwthomas

dwthomas LawnSite Member

I am currently looking into a health insurance plan for my family. I have a relative who is a financial rep., but he just informed us that because of my wife's preganancy he may have a hard time finding coverage for us. (unlike two weeks ago when he stated that it would be no problem) We are a family of four including myself, (35) my wife (36 and pregnant) and two children, a 5 year old and a 2 year old.
    My wife's insurance ends as of Sept. 01, as she is taking a year leave of absence from her teaching position. After her one year absence she will retain her job and all health benefits.
    In a nutshell, we are basically looking for insurance that will cover our needs for a one year period. I am concerned that because of the pregnancy this may be a difficult and costly venture. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
  2. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Have her check into cobra insurance. It would be the same insurance only pay you pay for it. In Ohio, it's required by law that you have the opportunity to continue the policy.
  3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

thats what i have its a little price e but worth it
  4. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I should have said it's a last resort, but better than paying for childbirth outta pocket
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

OlderThanDirt (Mac) and Lux Lawns (Larry) have been long established lawn care and landscaping businesses in Ohio. I would strongly suggest you contact them and see if they have any suggestions.
  6. dwthomas

dwthomas LawnSite Member

Thank you for all of your help! We have since found out that my wife can utilize the cobra program for herself only, saving about $400 per month as compared to the family coverage. My children and I can receive full coverage from Anthem for less than $250 per month. Thanks again for all your replies.