Ohio Landscape License?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Paradise Landscapes, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

How do I obtain an Ohio Landscape Contractors' License? so far, I'm maintenance.

2. LandscapePro

LandscapePro LawnSite Member

PL,

I'd suggest you start by calling the Department of Agriculture's main number at the State capitol.

Landscape contracting license law varies widely from state to state. In some areas of the country there is no license needed at all. In other cases like New Jersey for instance landscape contracting falls under "home improvement".

Certain requirements are put forth by counties with regard to landscaping needing a license in parts of the country.

The short answer is "ya never know" and the fines for "not knowing" can be stiff when caught.

The one thing I would caution against is taking what you see posted on boards such as this one as "gospel". These laws are changing rapidly all over the place.

Make some phone calls and get information from the proper authorities.

Remember the five words that will get you in a bind the quickest are "Sure, I can do that."

Mike
    La. Landscape Contractor #2576

3. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks. I know that for sure, them 5 simple words. Just trying to stay legal.