Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats up boys?? No calls as of yet, unfortunatly. Waiting for our tornado now!!!!! One just touched down in the Elyria area west of Cleveland!!!!! Holy crap this is gonna be scary tonite!!!!! I have been through 4 in my life at my mom's house in Kentucky. Those things are so friggin scary. I hope it doesnt happen. We got a tornado warning for now. Severe t-storms rolling through, hail, etc. This sucks!!!!
  2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Calls are trickling in, but nothing significant yet. I have a feeling that will end by next week though. We've been out doing H&G Show estimates all week.
  3. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

I got my first spring clean-up job today!!! I took Walkers advice and talked to my customer about how the tree comp. did him wrongby not cleaning up and he agreed to a spring clean-up. He also stated that the tree comp. left all of the trees and big limbs in his back yard after the cut them up and wants me to quote hauling it all off for him. It is about friggin' time!!!

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for you buddy make sure you make some money for your drive time, dump fees, and think it all out the best productive way. You might even think of working a chipper into the bid also with the cost of the rent and drive time back and forth to the rental place. Plus your fuel for all of that too Did you get my post about the software it is just sitting here.
    We are getting call from word of mouth, yellow pages, Service Magic and quarterly letters we send out to our customers.
  5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

got an estate estimate to do on the following in stages

blow out beds 8 man hours
    prune 19 over growen nightmares
    then later in season
    775 liner feet bed edging
    28 yds mulch
    plant stake set 9 trees

then in july
    35ft long walk

then monthly maint. program on beds and plants

8 man hrs /disposal 330
    edging 600
    hacking or pruning 5hr 175
    mulching 1800

rough pricing gonna give on a few would like the big job 2 min. from home shop at least 50% profit
  6. biggin69

biggin69 LawnSite Member

Software??? What are you talking about?
  7. Easy

Easy LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Spring and summer were nice while they lasted. I woke up this morning to white ground and snow so hard you couldn't see 10 feet. Did I miss spring and summer, or were they just 2 days long??? Maybe if I blink it will get warm again. Great Cleveland Ohio area weather.
  8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought I slept all of spring, summer and fall!!!:laugh: I had to ask my wife what day it was. Then I realized that we live in wonderful NE Ohio. Only here in 4 days can you get summer temps, snow, a tornado, an earthquake, and flooding:dizzy: Just another set back to spring:realmad:
  9. Dollar Spot

Dollar Spot LawnSite Member

There have been lots of accidents in our area from the ice. It seems like it caught the road crews off guard.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

You gotta love Ohio weather ..This is nuts ....go to bed and its spring ...wake up and winters back ...plow ??? mow ? ..cleanups ?? ahh who cares ..it's a day on the computer