Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. corbster

corbster LawnSite Fanatic
    from OHIO

Nice ....I think they are going to check all the lawn guys for weedkiller/fert and insurance ....super nice! ...stop the illegals ! :clapping:

2. corbster

from OHIO

Just a bump .....push it to the top.

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

this been really dead lately

4. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

It has been dead, along with the grass. Stuff is really slowing down. SOme is well over 2 weeks. Of course im in class in the mornings so either I work in the heat of the day or get nothing done at all.

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Here is that website about the motor carrier information. but I cannot find anything on it. I have looked and looked and looked. If you find anything please post it.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/

6. corbster

from OHIO

I will ...Thanks for this link.

7. jpp

I searched lawncare,lawn care, landscape, land scape and only found little crap on it. I even looked again last night. My eyes are so tired of looking at it I am giving them a break until mid week. maybe I am staring right at the stuff and do not even know it.

Well, I am all set for another week. Sharpened blades today, changed blades today. Replaced the air filters on the mowers. But I still need to do the oil this week. Maybe that will be the Friday job for me. Unless we get a rain out day here then I will be cutting on Friday. I think I am going to bed early tonight, I feel beat for some reason and I did not even enjoy any cold beverages this weekend. Took the weekend off of doing that even. :laugh:

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

DOT is still for 26K combined in state or 10K out of state. I've been to a bunch of seminars with stateys talking, called PUCO, even asked when I got pulled over one day for a seat belt, and all said what I just said. I'll get numbers and a medical card when I'm pulled over and told to.

And about the 60 dollar oil change, i dont use synthetic. thats rotella and a motorcraft filter.

9. jpp

Kurt,

It is not about the weight. It is about having the equipment tied downed, break away kit for the trailer, the gas cans being marked and fasten in. A buddy got a courtesy stop down here by motor enforcement on I 270.

JP

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Equipment is 1 strap for anything up to 1,000lbs or 10' in length. 2 straps for 1,001lbs-2,000lbs, and 10'1"- I believe 20'. Or 1 strap and butted up against a rail on the trailer for 1,001 or 10'1". I know a z requires 2 straps or 1 strap and up against a rail on the trailer.

And all trailers with brakes are suppossed to have break away kits. Thats always been a law. Can't help ya on the gas cans, I keep them in a box thats locked and 3 of them fit snug so I don't think I'd have an issue there.