Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

well got my hydroseeder all fixed up and running, all i need is a key for the shaft. dropped it and it bounced, we spent an hour looking for it and never found it.

2. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

i am about sick and f*cking tired of the heat

3. Lazer Cut

Lazer Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Its not to bad, I was in jeans and boots all day today. Now I only mowed 13 but still
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

It was effin hot today. I'm out putting dirt around the house forming beds, I'm drenched. The heat really doesn't bother me, I just keep chuggin along, I'm ready for leaves though.

5. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody landscape shaker hts?

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Kurt,

It has been pretty hot down here too. But luckily we have been getting the rain when we needed it. Got about an inch last week alone on 2 different days so things are still green and growing here.

Trying to get my butt in gear on snow stuff, leaf stuff and just plain getting stuff done.

JP

7. kc2006

yea we got 2 heavy days of rain this week too. It really greened things up, I think we'll be ok for a couple weeks if the temps stay mild like theyre supposed to.

I don't understand people this year, I did hardly any mulch in the spring, now mid august I got people bombarding me to do mulch. I've got enough work to keep me busy till early September so hopefully I'll build up a good winter fund.

I hear you on needing to get ready for snow. I have to take the new c-series blade I got to get sandblasted and do some work on it, the truck needs a few small things, and I want to get some advertising out there this week to hopefully get a few more lots.

8. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a few in the 44120. What do you need??

9. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Yards are starting to dry back up here now. Starting to think about getting more business for leaf removal for this fall right now. Trying to come up with a marketing strategy for "you rake them we take them" slogan." As well as getting a move on for the snow. Hopefully not to late for the ones I want to target.

JP

10. kc2006

Yea I'm going to try and do alot of pickups, good money and you get in and out. Plus it helps I have a free dump place thats within minutes of all my work areas.

The yards are growing like mad last week and this week. Been filling the truck up everyday, but you can tell they'll be dried up after next, and theres no rain in the next 10 days for us. I'll finally be caught up on work in a few weeks, then take it easy for a few weeks and get ready for leaves and snow.