1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

OK the nut saga continues. Lawn vacs are out. Too much suggests these just wont work.....So today I demoed a billy goat blower. Did pretty good, but is time consuming. Im considering purchasing this, but am reluctant as It would largely sit idle. Soooooo,Im considering renting it out to guys in the area for leaf jobs etc.....

2. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did you demo the blower from?

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Last month sucked. That is all.

4. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Last two months sucked for me.

5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

September was dredfull compared to the rest of the year. The next 2 months should be ok I hope for tons of snow this winter.

6. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

the last two weeks seem like they are a continuation of spring, rain 3-4 day a week.

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Getting a cargo carrier fab upped so I can put the leaf loader on it. Don't want to hang it off the back of the newer trucks tailgate. We pretty much cut everything last week. Was going to go by everything this week, but decided that the customers might not like that. Probably end up doing about half the routes. Won't be long now and more leaves will be down. Trying to get mentally ready for them.

Edit: Speaking of sucks, I hope the leaf loader does alot of that this year for some extra cash. lol

8. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

PUCO schedules motor carrier safety rules technical conference

COLUMBUS, OHIO (Oct. 5, 2010) - The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) scheduled a technical conference to provide affected companies and interested parties the opportunity to discuss new motor carrier safety rules for private commercial motor vehicles with a gross vehicle weight between 10,001 and 26,000 pounds.

The technical conference will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 19 at 9 a.m. at the offices of the PUCO, 180 E. Broad Street, Columbus, in Hearing Room 11B. The conference will also be Webcast live on the PUCO Web site at www.PUCO.ohio.gov.

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Im still here in Ohio. Things fell thru with going south so I sucked it up and stayed. Glad I did now. Picked up a bunch of places from a guy who was downsizing. Got plenty of work, now if it would just stop raining!!! Things are going much much better now. Hopefully I will continue on the upward trend of things.

Whats this mess I have been hearing about with the puco numbers and smaller trucks??

10. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Tom are you complaining about the rain?? haha send some here we could use some more.