Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Hardly any rain today. But ground is all saturated. Been out lookign for walk behind tillers today. Stuck between an Ariens and a Cub model both from dealers of mine. Since my previous one rolled off a trailer last season.

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I just had to go fix my one downspout and was almost up to my ankles in mud. The ground is so soaked.

I'm looking to get out probably the week of the 21st to start raking yards down.

3. Travis E

Does anyone here do hardscape? My goal for the year is to install a patio in the back yard with an ourdoor gril set up and a pergola. My question is, what is dealer cost of like 480 sq ft of pavers. Not flag stone looking either.

4. kc2006

All depends on the stone, around here the cheapest is about 1.80 a sq ft up to 8 bucks for textured pavers. I'm using one from Lesco (they're belgard I think) they're like 2.20 a sq.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Travis E

I talked to the local rep from Belgard at the turf expo and i really liked the looks of their products. I appreciate your figures. Idealy, this will be my display for once i start getting into this line of work.

6. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED LawnSite Member

In case anyone is interested in keeping posts/threads updated, there's a new Ohio forum in town: http://ohioesg.com

Feel free to get the ball rolling. :waving:

7. markh1

markh1 LawnSite Member

can anyone tell me where i need to go to get the puco # that i need for my trucks i know i dont need it till next yr but rather get it all done now. i dont think i need the odot # since i dont travel out of state :drinkup:

8. kc2006

You don't need a Puco number for the new truck laws. And you don't need dot unless you go out of state or are 26k.

Just need name visible from 50' away on both sides.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. markh1

markh1 LawnSite Member

thank you kc i appreciate your help any other advice you can give me

10. kc2006

Bend over and get ready lol.

There's not a ton to the new laws. Need a medical card, the signs, stickers for right weight for truck and trailer gvwr, they'll start doing inspections on truck and trailer where u get a sticker. The log book is only needed if you go 150miles away from shop to work.
    Posted via Mobile Device