Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. markh1

markh1 LawnSite Member

ok stupid question, so your saying the trailer and the trucks sticker should be the same for total weight of the both? or do i get to 2 seperate stickers
    one for gw for truck one for gw for trailer

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

take the GVWR of your truck and add the GVWR of your trailer to it, the total is your GCWR. that is what the sticker on your truck needs to be. They start at 6000# and go up by 4000# for each sticker. you must be stickeed forno less than the GCWR.

example: truck GVWR(from on door jam) 8800# trailer GVWR of 12,000 GVWR
    GCWR= 20,800 sticker on your truck plate would be for 22K.
  3. lily2980

lily2980 LawnSite Member

Hey, I'm new to the board. Operating out of Avon, Lorain County. I'm not a landscaper, I just make mulch and topsoil. Was wondering where you guys get your mulch from and for how much per yd...?
  4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

i get black mulch for around 30.00 a yard at a local supplier.
  5. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Hardwood "bark" (not really all bark tho) is 20 for natural and 26 for black( wish they would die it brown also). Ground up pallets is 20 for black/brown/or red

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

$22 per yard for nice black ,$ 18 for all other no dyed mulch.
  7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Single shred is $13, double $18, died (red black brown) $24 per yard. They give me I think a dollar off per yard if I get 20 in a day too. This is a local supplier.
  8. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED LawnSite Member

Where at? Nichols, Uniontown, Earth n Wood?
  9. lily2980

lily2980 LawnSite Member

Huh. I have a real nice triple shred dyed black or brown. I generally charge a landscaper $25 a yd. But, I think I lose a lot of guys b/c of the price...I'm considering doing a double and charging less. You guys all ready for the spring? I'm sick of all this snow.
  10. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, got out amongst them today. I am very sore right now and can't wait till the morning when I can't move. Started working on trimming some hedges way back. I underestimated how far out they were over the side walk. When I am done you can walk three wide on it. lol Looks like rain on Tuesday then be back out on Wednesday to hopefully finish them up.