Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I was cracking up today, davey and trugreen were out spraying with piles of snow on peoples yards, makes for a uniform coverage.

I'm aiming for 2 weeks from now to start clean ups, then start mulching the first week of april. I'd like to try and get most of my mulching done before mowing starts...key word try.
  2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Guys were out putting down Fert the first week of March here. My plan is to get everything prepped then get the mulch done by the end of April. May is crazy for mowing, everything gets cut every 4 to 7 days so I will be running my tail off then to keep up with the grass. But, at least the work is coming in, so I am not going to complain about that.
  3. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Im with you Jp, work is coming in fast. More and more calls for fertilizer program than ever before along with more landscaping side. Our crabgrass preventer wont come in untill atleast end of week, going to get that down before end of march and hopefully get about 30yards of mulch down also. Mulch prices went up to 28 this yr for black, just called the place today and was shocked. Basically 2 more weeks in the month and most of one week will probably be consumed with rain.

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

MAN!!!! it is good to hear these conversations after this long drawn out F-ing winter we had....im ready for this season, hope you all have a good one:cool2:
  5. LawnmastersMikejr

LawnmastersMikejr LawnSite Member

I'm looking to buy an 18' trailer when mowing starts and so far I've decided on a Big Tex from Ben hur trailers in Hamilton. Seems to be the best quality trailer for the price. Any other brands/ dealers I should check out that arent too far of a drive from Cincinnati? Thanks.
  6. needlawnmowerparts

needlawnmowerparts LawnSite Member

The grass is starting to get green here in Ohio. It seems like the chemical guys are out, and it wont be long until we are all mowing. I can wait, because that means some of us might actually start making money after the long winter.
  7. jpp

Welcome to the thread. I saw fert guys out in Columbus the first week of March. I have noticed some growing on our yard. Should be interesting with temps in the upper 60's here in the next few days. Maybe I should think about getting the blades sharp on the mowers. lol
  8. jpp

We have a few dry days coming up here. I am going to make good use of it that is for sure.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

ad lawn ranger to the list. i wonder if they are putting down pre-m, way to early for that.
  10. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

PUCO rescinds administrative rules applying to private commercial motor carriers

COLUMBUS, OHIO (March 16, 2011) – The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) today rescinded administrative rules applying to private commercial motor vehicles with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) between 10,001 and 26,000 pounds operating in intrastate commerce.

“The PUCO has received feedback from numerous interested parties, including lawmakers and industry members, that these rules deserve additional review,” said PUCO Chairman Todd A. Snitchler. “It is important for the PUCO to operate at the speed of business and implement regulations that promote safety while at the same time allow businesses to compete and operate efficiently. Today’s decision is a step in that direction.”

In 2008, the Commission approved amendments to Ohio’s motor carrier safety rules that applied PUCO jurisdiction to private commercial motor vehicles with a GVW between 10,001 and 26,000 pounds that transport property or passengers on a not-for-hire basis within Ohio. The Commission later delayed active enforcement of the rules until 2012 while it conducted an outreach program to further educate affected carriers.

The PUCO hosted a series of listening sessions across Ohio this winter to gather input from affected carriers about the operational and financial costs of compliance with the rules. Based on feedback from interested parties, the Commission finds it prudent to rescind the rules while changes to the rules are considered. As a result, roadside educational stops for these affected carriers will no longer take place.

The Commission directed PUCO staff to file a report within 90 days containing an analysis and recommendations for possible future rule amendments. In preparing the report, staff will take into account Gov. John Kasich’s Executive Order 2011-01K “Establishing the Common Sense Initiative,” which accounts for the impact a rule has on small businesses.