1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

Question for you guys....what is the going rate for garden tilling? I got a call today to do a 12x20 that has never been tilled before. I know I way underpriced it now after I think about it. I gave him a quote over the phone so I guess ill have to bite the costs and learn from this one. Thinking somewhere aroung 30 cents a square foot? More? Less?
  2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

I had customers tell me that their mulch smells like garbage. Metker has much better mulch and customers can tell by just the smell.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

if anyone runs alot of diesels: the guy next to my shop is an auto repair biz and he is closing up. he has a 55 gallon drum of chevron 15w40 with pump for sale. he paid $470 and will sell it for $300 and you pick up. also has oil filters for mack trucks. let me know if you are intereasted and i will get you his number.
  4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, knocking the spring cleanups out one after another. Still got quite a few more to go too. Hopefully with any luck be able to get them done by the first week of April.
  5. Nelsen

Nelsen LawnSite Member

Lucky dog. Here in Cleveland, it's been okay last few days, but we used it for maintenance.

Now we're gonna get some snow showers and be wet til Monday. So next week for cleanups for us....all of which means it'll rain for three straight weeks.

Can't wait to get out tho! Added a Scag Turf Tiger this year, and can't wait to bust it out on some lawns.
  6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, it is nice to be out working. :waving: It actually won't be long and the mowers will be humming right along. Some yards will be cut next week if the weather will allow me to get out there.
  7. lily2980

lily2980 LawnSite Member

I feel ya' Nelsen. I want to get at it too but this weather won't cooperate!
  8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

All the highs are in the mid to low 30s for the next 4 days here then low 40s with rain for the next 6 after that. I don't see me doing much for another week.

I went out on tuesday and did some tree work with a friends company, felt like I was getting sick after sweating all day in the cold. I don't feel like starting the season sick.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

Kurt, man up. I worked this week and plan on every day next week. your idol on south ave is working every day, i even saw them out in the rain in wednsday.
  10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

FO. Sitting in the shop while your guys go out doesn't count as workin.
    Posted via Mobile Device