Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey felas how is everyone ready for another year? We have allready started down here.
    We are looking sulkies for some of our mowers. Does anyone have a "GUY" or know a "PLACE" to get a couple cheap than $300.00 a piece.
    Thanks in advance
    JOSH:drinkup:

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Never mind found some on ebay. :waving:

3. bengaginc

bengaginc LawnSite Member

perfect freezing weather to run my fert machine and chill while im doing it

4. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

too cold and breezy for me....plenty of time its too early yet, finished one big clean up and cool with that till this freaking weather changes.........soon though supposed to start changing tuesday and be normal by weekend

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We got some mulch jobs done today. My back is screaming at me right now though. :laugh: Just glad to be out there and getting some work done. I really am debating on cutting a few yards later this week. If not the will be knee high to a grasshopper next week. lol

6. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm working on preping 4 duplexes that I have in a row for mulch. Not used to running the bed edger thats for sure! I'm sure I'll feel it come morning, just in time to unload all the mulch!

7. jpp

This is the earliest I have gotten mulch done at two of the places. Each year it keeps getting easier to do since we took over the mowing there. We always keep the edge on the beds with the trimmer and don't shoot the grass into the beds like the previous company did. Makes the spring cleanups much easier.

8. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

i dont mulch yet, still too damp and low average temps keep it that way...i usually wait till mid to late april if not may

9. markh1

markh1 LawnSite Member

can anyone tell me where i can get good health care insurance i have been without insuarance for 2 yrs and god willing i am hoping that i can afford it this yr thanks

10. jpp

Normally I don't, but the ground has been warm enough that I was able to go ahead and do it.

Well, the equipment is all ready to go. Sharp blades, greased, and gassed up for Monday. The first day of mowing. But it looks like it might be a rainout. lol