Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I think we're gunna be on the usual schedule for mowing up in the NE. Had bad frosts most of last week, this weeks nights are all low 30's. I don't see mowing for another couple weeks...unless you have a customer that trugreen or davie ferts and they've already put 2 apps down, those sadly are growing already, idiots.
  2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Just started raining about 10 minutes ago. It is absolutely pouring outside.

I won't be cutting them all. Just the ones that are in need. Next week might be a different story though. Like you said the ones that got heavy fert are ready to go that is for sure.
  3. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

I expect to mow a few this week. I did ours last week but i just cut it to stripe it. The rain last night and so far today has put some color in the lawns that I have nicely fertilized.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

yesterday was warm and we got a good rain, it turned alot of the lawns green over night. i got a handful that need mowed ASAP then probably a week or two on the others
  5. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

about 2 weeks out here too...maybe sooner on the tru green ones but i dont have many that use those morons
  6. Travis E

Anyone have any zero turns for sale? My buddy was looking at a Cub Cadet Tank but the guy sold it out from underneth him. Around the $4,000 price rang would be ideal but he doesn't want a pos.
  7. AlyKat Prop

AlyKat Prop LawnSite Member

Anyone in Central Ohio - Columbus looking to sub out thier residential Lawn Aeration? I am up and running, just looking for more work.

All I do is Aeration - so no worry about me taking your clients.
  8. Sabina Lawn Care

Sabina Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hi all... from Sabina Oh... Just found the forum, looks like a lot of good info.. put up a website a couple of weeks ago wondering if some of you would check it out and give me some feedback.... thanks http://sabinalawncare.com
  9. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

So I don't know about the rest of you but my company is slammed this year!!! Everybody and their brother wants something done. Mulching is hot right now, landscaping is on the way up too. Mowing is about the same with some increase but lawn treatments are on the rise.
    Looks like a good year folks, unless a drought hits again!
    Hope everything is going as good for all of you!
  10. Travis E

Dont say drought! I noticed lawn treatments really gaining this year also.