Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

GATEWAY
    Hello, good to hear, same here we have double our mowing and landscaping has me staying up late doing bids after a long day of work. :drinkup:
    I thought the economy would get us this year, but no sign yet.
    KNOCK ON WOOD :hammerhead:

P.S.
    DONT MENTION THE "D" WORD. :nono::waving:

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I got a hand full of calls in early march and nothing for a few weeks now. I landed a big bid early this year so I'm not too worried, it put me above where I wanted to be for the year.

Years starting out crappy equipment wise. Trucks trans started acting up the other day, got all kinds of codes coming up and it starts in 3rd gear when put in drive. I did some reading and they're saying somethings messed up in the harness to the trans. So I get to spend tomorrow pulling the harness out and inspecting it. yay.

On a good note I got the money lined up for my shop, so the drive will probably be put in next month and it'll start going up shortly after.

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Monday a rainout, Tuesday afternoon a rainout. Only got half a route done on Tuesday. Finished a route and a half today plus 4 others. I sure hope the rain holds off on Friday till the afternoon. My feet are hating me right now. lol

4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

We had almost 2" of rain yesterday. No getting on lawns till next week for sure here.

5. jpp

Kurt had some standing water in a couple of yards this week.

First full week of mowing is in the books and I am glad it is over. Crazy week with the rain and it looks like a wet week coming up next week too. only about 31 more weeks to go before we start plowing again. :laugh:

6. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

We won't start are full week till Monday.

7. jpp

Nice, good luck this year. So far we have picked up more than lost

8. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

i do....pm me

9. Nelsen

Nelsen LawnSite Member

How's that working out for ya?!!!

I just want one damn day without rain. Just one. UGH

Did half a route yesterday, today's scratched.

10. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol I've been saying that for about month now, were in half swing right now. what a terrible year this is turning out to be.