Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

The rain is basicaly done but its going to be too wet to do anything today. It was hard enough to not hurt yards yesterday.

2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, from last night into today, we have over an 1.5 inches of rain. Since Sunday we are about 2 inches of rain. Pretty wet spring and the next couple of weeks just look cool and wet too. :dizzy:

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Anymore the ground is so soaked here that if we get alittle rain for a half hr you have to wait almost the whole day before you can get out. We got a ton of rain today, who knows if they'll even be dry enough tomorrow now.

Gunna either mess yards up tomorrow or go mulch.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

Never stopped here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Travis E

I got 3 done today, just did some of the bigger stuff that was out of the way. Was pretty soft but its about all we can do right now with this weather.

6. tjjn06

tjjn06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I'm gonna have to get some done tom. rain or shine. I can't afford to keep pulling days like this weekend.

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I was trying to get caught up on stuff I got way behind on. So my brother said he would go out after it stopped raining. All went good till the last lawn, he called me and told me the drive belt on the Lazer broke. Had to winch it up on the trailer about 7;30 tonight. Anyone replace this belt???

Seems like it is a pain in the butt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I looked under it, and looked at the book and it shows 3 pulleys???? One is the tensioner, right??? Just wondering if I should take it to the shop instead of doing it myself.

Thanks.

8. Travis E

No idea, Knock on wood i've never had a belt break. Altho i've been running the bagger on the lazer lately on some lawns so im picking up an extra belt for that since its getting put on and off a lot.

I keep getting more and more calls for work, just wish I knew what summer and gas would do, hard to add yet another mower payment (they offer 0 percent so why use my own money) and have yet another payment over the slow months.

9. tjjn06

tjjn06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

If it looks easy, give it a shot.

Sucks breaking down, especially when were behind. One of our cat's clutch went out saturday. I'm stuck and coming down the side of the road (two factory accounts nest to each other) and thinking, what is going on. There was no way they could be done (been gone about 45 mins, its a 2 hour job) until I see the lazer z pulling the cat.

Hoping to demo a Scag V-Ride this week.

10. tjjn06

tjjn06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Same boat. Really hard to justify another (we already have three and a batwing). We really need something smaller though.