Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

Ill make a thread
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Kurt, good luck with the new truck, you will like it better then a truck & trailer.

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Another day of no mowing here. The ground is so soaked that you can't get on the lawns. I tried to cut where I store my stuff and there's a thin layer of water all over the ground and it's high ground.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

Its getting bad here can't work and so much work I could work 5 days 12 hrs an still b back up the a hole
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Thought today would be a good day but nope yet more rain.

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, light rain this am. Then it dried up for a bit, then light rain again. we just kept on going at that point. Finally stopped working at 6pm because it got heavier. We just had a downpour here a little bit ago. I really am hoping for Friday to be dry all day.

7. kc2006

It stayed sunny and hot all day today, the ground is still squishing like mad when you walk on it though. Going out tomorrow and friday, probably 14 hr days each day just to try and get most of my mowing done.

heres what I accomplished today, got all the pieces cut for the bed, and got the frame rails welded on, amazing how welding 2 pieces of channel can stiffen the frame up. Not much to look at though.

Thats the dinky garage that's going to be ripped down in a couple weeks to make room for the shop.

framerails.JPG

8. kc2006

On a side note, whats everyones thoughts on this wrap. It's a very rough drawing the guy did just to get an idea if the concept is what I want. I like the idea, but it needs something different, it's almost like too much blue. And the name won't be white on white of course. Whats everyones thoughts? More grass, like a taller closer view of grass and less blue sky? I didn't even want it wrapped, but my friend that does the stuff wants to get more wraps on the road to promote what they can do so he's doing the wrap for what a normal set of logo's would cost :clapping:

wrap.jpg

9. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Courser grass and make it follow the curve of the fender.. just a thought.

10. kc2006

That's kinda what I was thinking. Make it like a hill of grass.
    Posted via Mobile Device