1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I was totally unprepared for today. For the most part the day went well, then I hit two lawns that were covered in leaves. Well, let's see, no rakes, no tarps and no baggers. oops. Just blew everything down to the street and chopped up the straglers. On Sunday not one leave was down off the trees. Now for tommorrow I have plenty of leaf work to do and I knew that Sunday as I was out looking over properties. Needless to say the bagger is on the rider tonight, the rakes are warming up to be used and it should be a fun day. lol
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm putting the leaf box and loader on tomorrow.

So today's fun. There's a renter at a bunch of duplexes I do, a few weeks back he came out and started mfing a guy I had helping, complaining that we won't clean up after him. Dude has a 100' hose and leaves it everywhere each week, and stuff from his patio laying everywhere. So the guy picks the hose up, throws it in the yard and starts screaming "pick my mfing hose up b****". funny part is, guy is like 120lbs and looks like kid rock, and my buddy that was helping is a fairly built guy. So now every week he has this damn hose spread everywhere all the way to his front yard. Today I was cranky so I coil his hose up on his patio...and then turn the mower and chopped it up! Lmao. Talk about stress relief. It's worth the 30 bucks for a new hose. And best of all, the property company said they're giving him a notice to start keeping his stuff on his patio lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. jpp

The wind down here really blows. No pun inteneded. Still need to put the box on the truck. Put two tarp loads in the truck today to run to the dump. Not enough time in the day to get anything done besides cutting and that is it. Thanfully I have not reallly needed the loader yet. But later this week I sure as hell will.
  4. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

The wind does blow.. but 3 days of rain coming our way. Gotta plan everything out to be able to take off for the expo next week.
  5. jpp

At this rate, if we get the rain they are calling for this week will be a complete dud for work outside. Maybe I can get the box on when it is raining. I sure as heck won't be doing leaves in the rain.
  6. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

Man this week is killing us. Monday they were only calling for rain on tuesday and it has been everyting but that.
  7. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, its like spring all over again, it sucks!
  8. Travis E

Is anyone going to the expo in Louisville this week? I'm going down for Friday. I have two hours to kill after the show ends so was wondering if anyone would want to meet up somewhere to eat and bull ****.

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

We are going on Friday as well. I will catch you down there. You still have my cell number? I am bring two of my guys.
  10. Travis E

Got it Josh.

If anyone else is going to be down there, send me a text. My number is 419-235-3708. I'll be there all day Friday, have no hurry to head home afterwards either incase anyone wants to grab food afterwards.