Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

Phone is staring to ring, est. are comin in. Ready to be done with this crappy winter

2. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

has not been a bad winter, but i am so done with it too......and i am about to get out this month and start pushing for more work, being in my 3rd season now i need to grow

3. OneLineAtATime

Haven't plowed anything... Killing my moneys going into spring

4. OUTLANDER

anyone from Solon area, or work in Solon?.....reason im asking is i have a few lawns in Solon, and it is pretty high end. Much more high end than Canton area i know. Was wondering what is the going rate you guys are getting for mowing alittle less than 1 acre in Solon (high end residents)which is most of Solon i guess.LOL............i have an idea, but rates have got to be alittle more competitive there i imagine. Any help would really be appreciated:drinkup:

5. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup I am from solon. Basically it depends what area of solon. But the basics still. 35bucks is min per cut. Obviously if your driving from canton i would consider if that would pay the bills. And if there truely highend Then your best bet would be to sell them on full matainance contracts so you can get all the bed work and stuff added in there too. But most places anywhere from 30-60 vary rarely is there a house here with more then 2 acres

6. OUTLANDER

Thanks man, i really appreciate it. I am working on that also, exactly what you said the full contract. Still have to kinda make some ends meet on the contract estimate with all the travel..but im trying:drinkup:

7. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

And also if ur adding snow in there too remember that we get alot more snow. average aleast 100 inches a year

8. OUTLANDER

Well pocket is hurting some from this winter, but i've lived here long enough to know i'm OK with how this winter has been, and OK with it almost being over...........I am really ready for spring and summer:cool2: and the work to start this year.This is going to be my year man i am pumped, and cant wait!!........hope everyone has a great year also:waving:...........I know hardscaping pretty well, but i'm going to check into any seminars in the area to see if anything new is going on. Anybody know of any seminars off hand? (in Ohio i mean. I'm not wanting to traveling much to go to these..hahahaha)

9. OneLineAtATime

I just went to the Techo-Bloc Showcase here in Columbus. It's worth going and checking out. They have a sweet product, I'm in to stamped concrete but love there paver and wall system. Our huge Home & Garden show is at the end of the month. I had a booth last year but they jerked me around on price this year, and no snow moneys.

Keep the Ohio Thread Going

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

This winter sucks, just like this business. lol

I'm not looking forward to mowing this year, I'm pushing to get enough work to have a crew mow and I can do landscape work just a couple days a week and focus on other stuff.