Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

It still is....LOL....im not leaving farming. Just using this as a part time job for me and keeping employees full time.:hammerhead:

2. hannalie

hannalie LawnSite Member

Any of you guys go to school for horticulture or other type of agricultural sciences. The reason that I am asking is that I am currently enrolled in a horticulture program and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to a specific class to take or not to take. Some classes I do not have a choice but there are a lot of electives to choose from that might be interesting.

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

So I looked into a company for sale here, guy was running 3 crews of 2, couldn't tell me how much revenue per week they did, or how many man hrs on average it took to do it, no mileage numbers on the trucks to see how far the accounts are, all he knew was he did 33k in sales last year with 5 guys and himself.

Holy crap! And he's been a business for almost 10 years!! How do you even do that???
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

5. kc2006

No but I talked to that guy years ago, he wanted 90k for that truck and 10 year old z plus accounts that made somewhere around 20k a year.

People crack me up
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't see how you can have 6 guys and only make 33k a year. :dizzy::dizzy:

And wow 90k for that.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's funny but very sad at the same time.

7. kc2006

Thats our industry.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. eco.lawns

eco.lawns LawnSite Member

Too many guys like that running around for sure. Is it just physically impossible for those guys to act and look professional?

9. kc2006

They're lawn jockeys that live low standards of lives. That is professional to them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

you guys might be partially right about this, but failing to see some of the good....i mean at least they're doing something, rather than most of our fellow americans just wasting away. Whether a person is right for this industry or not i dont know, but quality equipment to start with isn't what makes you a professional