1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I heard that. But you can still post at night. :)

2. jpp

I was hoping to have some mulching done this week too. But the mowing had to be done. No ifs and buts about it. I did not see many guys out this week. But they will have some issues next week with long grass. I have never, never started mowing this early in the season.

Makes up for no snow this winter. :laugh:

3. cwby_ram

cwby_ram LawnSite Member

I haven't either. I finally got my new Velocity deck fitted to my old Scag. Man, am I glad I did. No double-cutting for me! :dancing:

4. jpp

I can't believe I had to double cut a couple already. lol

5. cwby_ram

cwby_ram LawnSite Member

I'm curious to see what this year brings. I saw a tick Wednesday, and my brother-in-law just told me he saw a June bug last night. After last years rains, this winter's lack of snow, and the early summer, I dunno what to expect.

6. jpp

Well, believe it or not. We have cooler weather heading our way. Also from what is being seen for April, that should be a cool month as of right now. I know, I know we were also suppose to have a snowy winter too. :laugh:

7. cwby_ram

cwby_ram LawnSite Member

I'm with ya. I saw that it was gonna cool down coming up. If we could just get a happy medium between last year and the year before... I had one property that I had to double-cut almost every week last year. Even in August.

8. jpp

Where do you get your mulch from?? I have been using Ohio Mulch, but not happy with them. Have you used Mr. Mulch? If so how did you like them???

Thanks,

JP

9. cwby_ram

cwby_ram LawnSite Member

I haven't used them. I get almost all my mulch from Mulch 1st, up here in Sunbury. He's a local landscaper who opened up a retail side a little while back. Now he's making his own mulch. I've used Kurtz Brothers too a couple times, and Ohio Mulch a few times, but I've done a lot of business with Mulch 1st, so I use him most frequently. A little out of the way for you, but the service is excellent, and the prices are usually pretty close.

10. jpp

Thanks. Yep a little bit of a drive. I will check out Kurtz brothers too.Forgot about them.

Thanks.