Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Ethanslawn

Ethanslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Waiting on the sunshine now to melt a little snow, im starting to run out of room to put it. And bring on the warmer weather no more teens i couldnt keep up with calls for salting. already getting for another season. hope everyone is doing well with the snow we`ve gotten so far.

2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I am a little late with the reply, but I live in Franklin county. Yes there is sales tax here. Yes, they tax your income and yes I pay them. lol :laugh:

3. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

this may be a dumb question but arent you taxed on income no matter where you live?.......i mean i thought if you earn money you pay taxes on money earned no matter what you do to make it...sell a product, or provide a service:confused:

4. dvkeller

dvkeller LawnSite Member

i don't live around franklin co. so normaly i would not take out for taxes, but this account is around 40k, so i would in this case i would.

5. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

you keep track of what county you work in and pay taxes specific to that county, city, state, etc

6. BLenno

BLenno LawnSite Member

I know that there are thousands of posts of here about what mower is better or who uses what but I wanted to ask the Ohio guys their opinion. I have read many posts about walk behind mowers. Does anyone around here use them anymore ? I visited my local exmark dealer and he claims no one buys them anymore. Also they are pretty expensive almost $ 7,000. That would be for a 52 inch turf tracer. I think that a Lazer Z would be alil too much for the current properties that I maintain. He showed me a 52 inch vantage stand on mower demo unit with 30 hours for $ 7200 Ive read many posts about stand on mowers im not sure. I have seen a few guys in my area with these on their trailers.what do you guys think.

7. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I went back to using all walkbehind mowers 2 seasons ago. A 48' exmark Turf Tracer runs me 6500 bucks from my local dealer. Yes, walkbehinds are still used.

8. OUTLANDER

i use walk behinds, just no belt drives all hydro......i am wanting a stand on mower too. i tried these and really like them, way more productive especially wright stander 52"

9. OUTLANDER

by the way i am really happy i made the decision early on not to rely on, or prepare myself toward all out business for winter around ohio like some companies have devoted to. i mean dont get me wrong i clean up some driveway during snow events, but i believe going all out into snow removal as a company in ohio can result in failure......for the winter season at least (growing season was actually pretty depressing in 2012 also:dizzy:)

10. BLenno

BLenno LawnSite Member

If you were buying a new machine today would it be a 52 inch turf tracer for $ 6700 or a 52 exmark vantage $ 8500.