1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. GrasshoppersLLC

GrasshoppersLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Which exmark dealer did you visit??

2. GrasshoppersLLC

I run all lazers and I'm pretty happy with my setup.. Mainly the 52s are getting used the most.. Quick and productive

3. BLenno

BLenno LawnSite Member

austintown

4. BLenno

BLenno LawnSite Member

Im not sure about lazers yet. I was looking for a machine that isnt too heavy for a couple reasons. At the end of last season I got a pretty good deal on a brand new 2012 enclosed trailer. The guy bought it drove it home and it sat for 2 months he paid almost 5 grand for it and I bought it off him for $2,200. It is a 14x6 Enclosed only single axle. So anyway I was looking for a commercial mower that wasnt too heavy but could also get the job done. Vantages are light and also save trailer space. Second reason is that most of my yards are not large at all and I just think that a Vantage or a walk behind would be better for the turf.

5. BLenno

BLenno LawnSite Member

The reason I like the Vantage is because everyone is saying that they are very productive. Im a solo operator so im also looking for something that will make my day go alil smoother.

6. GrasshoppersLLC

I had one and traded it... call me ill tell u why not to go to atown exmark.. 3305025853
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

BLenno just a few questions. do you just side discharge the clippings 100% of the time? How do you handle leaves?

8. GrasshoppersLLC

Same thing I said to him.. I think he would be perfect with a 48" lazer with the ultra vac....he's doing small to mid size city yards

9. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

48'' or 52'' with the vac is what i would do. i did the walk behinds when i first started and only time i use my 48'' wb is when one of my lasers break down and i get get a demo. Other than that my dad uses it to cut my parents lawn.

10. GrasshoppersLLC

I retired walk behinds awhile ago.. Just keep the small ones for my fenced back yards.. Way more productive with the. Lazers and ultra vacs, although I'm thinking about getting a peco dump vac this year for fall clean up