1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

i agree some, but gotta be afraid of the fact when the snow we get is melted off before noon......but i do understand the jobs that are under contract also

2. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

If your contract calls for plowing or salting you do it. While you wait til noon til it melts someone falls and u get sued. You need some better contracts if this is your mentality

3. Wab66

Wab66 LawnSite Member

Bed edging can be a very time consuming. I am stunned that some Companies offer it free with a mulch job. We price by the foot and the pricing depends on the existing edge. Have a bed edger that works well or use AM Leonard steel edging shovels. How bout the rest of you?

4. OUTLANDER

is that not what i just said as well:hammerhead:

5. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

We dont give any service away for free. Trying to get this season started. We are booked about 8wks now....

6. OUTLANDER

yea i believe everyone up north:confused:.....is waiting to get this season started. But all i was simply saying is, if one gets desparate, takes desparate measures and goes after unnecessary profits to make ends meet then its simple....good luck (i personally would never do that), with the exception of contracts as said before

7. OUTLANDER

i deffinately charge per foot for edging, as well as any bed prep (cleaning, weeding, trimming, etc)besides normal rate for mulch install

8. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

The guys u see that your whining about are on contracts. Look at enviroscapes they salt dust but keep making $$
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. OUTLANDER

oh yea...gotta get me some contracts going

10. OUTLANDER

Have to say i would never stiff my residentials though. Im smarter than that and i really love this business. I didnt get into this to put a bad name on LCO's................its ok now though, we can see the areas everywhere that were over done (salted) Now i imagine someone has to sweep up all that mess.