Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Ethanslawn

Ethanslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Haha then battery never last in them cats I rented one every now and then and they always had to jump it in the morning.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

You modeled your business after them didn't you???:cool2:

3. Mahoney3223

from midwest

Oh man I see the let's see how dirt cheap and profitless we can make grass cutting this year is in full force! Got to love it.

4. TopnotchER

TopnotchER LawnSite Senior Member

Lol I'm about to start running free mowing ads. So I can compete

5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Any lawn $20 this year, I'm gunna make a fortune!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Mahoney3223

from midwest

It's not even the new guys either. It's the guys that are 45 and never have grown from more than a helper lowballing everything. It's laughable. I think I'm going to actually pay people to mow their lawn!

7. TopnotchER

TopnotchER LawnSite Senior Member

That's why we only mow so much and focus on big landscapes and Installs.. can't make big money mowing. It's either get rich quick or live the rest of your life week to week mowing and odds and ends jobs
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

I dont see how that comment about enviroscapes hurt your feelings unless maybe you are truly in competition or something......I believe it was simple and to the point that some folks are so money hungry they have no integrity anymore...good luck, hope everyone has a good season (even enviroscapes) after they clean up all their salt:laugh:

9. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

Enviroscapes are the biggest bunch of lownall POS company around. I have seen their bids and their work. Every job they do is half assed and about half of what it should cost. My wifes uncle runs a retirement community around here, the lawn has gone for around $1000 a week for years. It takes 4 guys a day and a half to do. They bid it at $450.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

They bid condos here that a friend got for $700 at $270, the condo threw out their bid lol. When you have investors pumping money into you and you accept making maybe 1-2 bucks per man per hour you can be as big as them.
    Posted via Mobile Device