1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

the issue with mowing anymore is everyone is willing to do lawns for 15-20 bucks. People freak out on me over the phone when I tell them my minimum is $30.

2. TopnotchER

TopnotchER LawnSite Senior Member

That's where I'm at kc 30$ min. If they want cheaper I laugh at them and tell them to go get the kid down the street.. I piss more people off then I make happy.. But I promise you one thing if your a reg customer and pay on time. You won't have one complaint about me..

3. TopnotchER

Can't wait to get my trailer back tom. I dropped it off yesterday. Got delayed on getting the graphics done because of weather.. It's going to be sick!

4. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

People are idiots! Gas is $4 and they charge 30 an acre and wonder why they make no money. I keep thinking it'll get better and it keeps getting worse

5. TopnotchER

Think I'm going to try something new this year.. I'm going to pay everyone 50$ cash for estimates. Going to do it just to prove to people I'm not some fake a** Lawncare business around here. They are either gonna love it or hate it! Money isn't nothing but to some people it is! That's my new motto!

6. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

You guys whine way too much. You sound like a bunch of babies.

The $15 grass cut is not competition and it never will be. There's nothing to worry about.

If you can't make a ton of profit off of $25-$30 minimums then you're doing it wrong.

7. TopnotchER

Fergot to add one important note.. They must prepay in order to receive the 50$ at an estimate.... To all my ohio buddies Happy Easter today!

8. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Let me guess your solo and know everything right? Piss offf.

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Lmao the $15 cut guys are definitely competition! Especially since the big boys are now doing it. People don't care anymore, they'd rather cheap out and get mediocre service than pay a normal price and get good service.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

Dont you mean people would rather cheap out looking for good service than pay HIGH prices because some certain LCO's are in over their head in debt?......I mean how can you put a price line out there, really?. I price my jobs accordingly. If you really are experienced as you think then you can honestly make profit by caculating the cost of any specific job you're doing right?................weather it be $15 or $50. I've dropped my gate for $10 before which took maybe 5 minutes a, and got so much more work from this particular customer since then.......Hope you all have a good season:cool2: