Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. TopnotchER

TopnotchER LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have a sod cutter? I'm looking to buy one ASAP and figured someone had one laying around!

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

And like that the grass stopped growing. Last week the grass was decent, then with the nearly 90's early in the week and no rain stuff stopped. They're saying maybe inch of rain here tonight and I hope we get it, otherwise I'll be fishing alot after this week. The guys still cutting at 3" crack me up, those yards are cooked already.

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Took a rock of the leg today while trimming. Now I got an egg on my leg. Darn thing hurts.

4. jpp

Hello Ohio, anybody home??

5. Ethanslawn

Ethanslawn LawnSite Senior Member

everyone is fighting the rain ujp here in the NE haha every other day its raining. so everyone i think is either working 24/7 or so tired on the weekend their sleeping hah.

6. jpp

Same here. got rained on here twice today. Getting ready to get dumped on again. Looking to get 1 to maybe 2 inches of rain tonight. It beats last year though. So I will not complain, as long as I can get everything cut each week. :)

Edit: And now it begins.

7. Ethanslawn

Ethanslawn LawnSite Senior Member

That's my thinking the more rain we get the more $$$ that's gonna be coming in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jpp

Got dumped on again today. A few times. We just sat in the truck and waited and got out and cut. Got in the truck waited. Got out worked. Then did it again and again. lol Guess what rain is once again falling. :)

9. Liberty Lawnworks

Liberty Lawnworks LawnSite Member

Hello to other central Ohio landscapers out there! Are you glad our 18 straight days are over?

10. jpp

It would be nice to have a pop up storm in the afternoon to cool off with. :)