Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. rdwittmann

rdwittmann LawnSite Member

Been thinking about upgrading to a flatbed diesel from my F150. We do a lot of home repair and remodeling in addition to the landscape maintenance. Any thoughts? I saw a couple of other threads on similar subjects, but they seemed to be all in the Northwest.

2. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

I am having a plow installed right now and can help service plow accounts. Message me with details or email me at Davidson.j.matthew@gmail.com

3. Denlinger326

Denlinger326 LawnSite Member

Just a price check to see where I'm at, but what's everyone charging for mulch around Ohio? I usually go by a per yard price that includes edging, weeding and the mulch. Residential I'm around $80-$100 depending on amount of prep work and to be honest commercial is all over the place, too dang competitive!

4. fannin76

fannin76 LawnSite Member

I charge $50/yard just for the mulch. $35/yard to lay and spread it. then our there is any prep work I charge $30/hour to do all prep work
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. rdwittmann

rdwittmann LawnSite Member

$75 per yard delivered and installed. Prep is extra, try to get $35 per man hour for prep. I am told repeatedly by that my bids are too high I am too high. Based on what I have seen so far, I may adjust it a bit.

6. fannin76

fannin76 LawnSite Member

I certainly will try for $35/hr. we need to keep the market price high.and run off all the low ballers
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Injured LCO

Injured LCO LawnSite Member

With people saying your prices are too high, try selling them in the "value" of your services. Works 80% of the time for me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. fannin76

fannin76 LawnSite Member

Anyone around Dayton got a good truck cheap for sale?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

anyone looking for a cheap 920a deere with low hours?

10. Ditchwitchrunner

Ditchwitchrunner LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hey guys just throwing it out there. I'm in Youngstown/austintown area... I'm networking with a few landscapers locally this spring. I bought a ride on hydro aerator and I'd like to work with guys locally on aerations as we can do it fast and easy.. We will do your aerations for roughly half of what you charge.. You bill the customer and ill deal with you. Most yards around here are 80-100$ front and back on an average city lot.. We would do them for you for 40-50$.. Win win on both sides and you don't have to overwork yourself or your workers.. Main reason I'm doing this is to put this expensive aerator to work.. Bigger yards we can discuss price.. But figure this. You have to pay for gas and your workers so either way its a plus to just have us help you out. You have no maintnance costs and have no labor costs... If interested pm me your name and number and I will give you a ring! Thanks Phil