Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

Just Google enclosed trailers Michigan. For some reason, trailers are cheaper in Michigan. A trailer that cost 2350.00 in Ohio, I got for 1850.00 at American Trailer Mart.

2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Hello from Cincinnati!

3. fannin76

fannin76 LawnSite Member

What's up man
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

Hello everyone. It's a nice day to be outside! I am out doing aerations right now. I just bought a Lawnaire V. If anyone needs any help let me know!!

5. fannin76

fannin76 LawnSite Member

And he has a crew to pay I don't get it
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. King_Cooper

King_Cooper LawnSite Member

I charge ~$58/yd to spread or ~$87/yd to spread and edge. If I have a good customer I usually round it down a bit.
    How does this sound? Only my second year in business.

With contractor prices, Earth 'n Wood charges $27/yd contractor for colored mulch and Mulch Makers charges ~$22/yd. Don't know about Mulch Makers but Earth 'n Wood always gives me 1 1/3 - 1 1/2 yd for every yd I buy.

7. fannin76

fannin76 LawnSite Member

So do they pay for the mulch or you? You get it for 27 bucks charge 58 so you make 31 bucks. I pay 25 charge 85 make 60
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. King_Cooper

King_Cooper LawnSite Member

I do, unfortunately. I don't have much overhead so it works okay for me. I've tried charging more but people expect me to work for peanuts since I'm young. It took me 4 different stops to find a good dealer because of this, too. One dealership treated me like I was stupid the whole time, and lied to me about the condition of his products, trying to sell used and repaired ones as new.

9. fannin76

fannin76 LawnSite Member

How old are you? What type of shop did you go to?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Soft profiting $31 per yard installed will bite you in the a$$ when you hit your late 20's and your body is junk. I say soft profit because that 31 doesn't include fuel, equipment, maintenance on equipment, insurance, advertising, taxes, office costs, so what did you really make? $5-10 bucks maybe for an hour to spread a yard of mulch.

I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to open your eyes. Don't fall for the prey most lawn jockeys think, "Oh I have alot of work I have to be making more money!" NO, charge more work less, then you have more money.